Our contact details
Name: Yard Vets Limited T/A Taylor Vets
Address: Taylor Vets, Top Station Road, Brackley NN137UG
Phone Number: 01280 733800
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
How we get the personal information and why we have it
- Contact details such as your name and address, including email and social media account information if you contact us that way, and location information where we are referring you to local services;
- Information about services you have used or requested, customer service information such as compliments or complaints, opinions and survey responses, contact preferences, and information which our employees might record as they provide services to you or your animals. This may also include recording calls you make to some of our services;
- Financial information, including payments made, account and credit status;
- Information about how you use our websites and online services including social media pages, including technical identifiers such as cookies (more information in our Cookie Notice);
Most of the personal data we collect is directly from you, as you use or request services from us, or get in touch. Technical information will be generated where you use our website, apps, or other online services.
We use the information that you have given us in order so
- We can provide the services you are using or have requested, and manage payment for them as part of our contract with you;
- We can improve our services to you and other customers, including gathering feedback from you via surveys, as part of our legitimate business interests;
- We can manage our online and other services effectively and securely, as part of our legitimate business interests and legal obligations to you;
- We can meet regulatory obligations, to prevent or detect crime, or in the public interest, including protection of animal welfare;
- With your consent, so that we can provide you information about products and services that may be of interest.
- If you do not want us to use some of your personal data, we may not be able to provide services to you – for example payment data or contact details.
We do not normally collect or use ‘special category’ data, such as religion, sexuality, or health data.
As well as using service providers to support our business, we might share information with other separate organisations who are also Controllers. This may include:
- Local Veterinary Regulatory Bodies
- Other veterinary specialists, laboratories and animal health providers and agencies, where the personal data cannot be anonymised or is otherwise necessary
- Insurance, Indemnity and other professional and legal advisors
- Debt recovery agencies
- Law enforcement, fraud prevention agencies and other public authorities
- Companies approved by you (such as social media sites)
Where any part of our business is outsourced, sold, or merged, and where permitted by law, we will share your data with the new provider so that services can continue to be provided to you. They may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this policy. We will of course inform you of any such change and give you an opportunity to opt out of your data being shared with a new provider.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
How we store your personal information
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting the Directors at the address above.
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
Your information is securely stored.
We will retain your data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax or reporting requirements.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access –
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification –
You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure –
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing –
You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing –
You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability –
You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Data Protection, Yard Vets Limited, Taylor Vets, Top Station Road, Brackley NN137UG
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk